Wednesday, April 22, 2015

What Is My Head Without More Scars



 
Chicks are supposed to dig guys with scars so hopefully three more make me even more dangerous and interesting. 3 large shotgun pellets, one very close to my eye were excised by the brilliant Doctor Rodrigo Neira MD. I loved this guy. Laughs all the time and hugs me when I leave. Don't judge me. I don't have that much validation in my life. His nurse was also chatty and I totally charmed her to the point she was telling me her life story and we has a great conversation. It totally relaxed me and distracted me from what was going on. This is all happening while Doctor Neira is using is lazer scalpel to excise the skin around my burrowed pellets of buckshot. I could SMELL the burning of the skin. You never will forget that smell. The one near my eye was the largest and I could feel him tug and burn skin around the metal to get it loose. He also did some nice stitch work so close to my eye. I was most worried about that piece and he totally protected my eyeball and my sight. The other two are just most scars from my interesting life. Perhaps I will tell you the story one day.
 

9 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I was wondering if your uncharacteristic lack of blogging this week was because of getting that surgery -- glad everything went okay! Looking damn good too -- I bet the scars will be largely invisible once they're healed. And best to have those fragments out of there at last.

Barbecue17 said...

Hope and prayers that you heal up nicely! Glad to hear you had such excellent care!

j-swin said...

chicks do dig scars, just remember that they're not the ones you bring home to meet mom. get better soon.

Lauren Farrow said...

It looks like the doctor did a good job. Scars tell a story and hopefully each scar also teaches us something.

Therefore, scars are a badge of honor.

Unknown said...

Rugged! Nice. We need to get you your own cop show. Perhaps some buddy cop team up with Selena and the Admiral.

Dr. Theda said...

One reason for our long hair is to cover the scars (and Cracks in my Skull)....

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

I have nowhere to run, my friend.

Super-Duper ToyBox said...

Manly! Bleeding from the head & face & face can be exhilarating, but do be careful, Allfather. Let me take the lead the next couple times, at least

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

I will always appreciate a quick companion to watch my back.