Tuesday, September 29, 2015

My Return To The Podcast Of Doom - Episode 142 - Prep Notes

 
This week on the Geek Fallout Podcast the topic is Food Mascots. I picked some good and bad. If you miss the episode here are my talking points. Yes, I did PREP. I am a professional.
 
 
 
Morgan Smith Goodwin is gorgeous and in her commercials she seems to have all kinds of personality. Why can't she be in a sitcom about an actress who makes money doing commercials for a burger place but wants to break out into serious acting. Give her a wacky family and Hollywood humiliation and it will be a huge hate. She can't keep her figure forever with the way she chows down on those double burgers with cheese.

 
Of all the possible logos for a company that sells fast food. Why not a cute cowboy character? Why a hat that can also be turned over to puke into after enjoying ANYTHING at Arby's. They are the exact reason why I hate curly fries. This is garbage food.

 
He saved McDonaldland with this strong leadership and ruthless ability to make the tough decisions. Government service isn't always pretty but he made a world people like Ronald and Grimace could call home. You know those two retards wouldn't last two seconds in the real world. And Hamburgler? Come on. Beaten to death with a shovel after his first time in lock-up.
 

 
As a child I loved collecting this family of characters. I was amazed that while Poppin' Fresh was off doing commercials, he had an entire family at home complete with children and pets and grandparents. Who knew? Famously I collected the entire group only to trade them away to my sister for her Bionic Woman doll and Lindsay Wagner styling head.

 
Punchy - Lousy THUG. He deserves to be rapped in prison. There, I have said it.


 
Chubby Chicken is the worst kind of corporate opportunist. He realized his own goose was cooked so he put on a hat and apron and ushered his chicken buddies into the ovens - literally. All the while he takes the profits from being the spokes chicken for the company. It's evil but genius. If you people tasted any good with a nice bread coating, I might have done the same.




 
Of course the greatest Food Mascot is Boo Berry - the Peter Laurie of cereal spokescreatures. I love how smooth and cool he always was. The cereal didn't have any kind of distinctive taste but I choose it over the other monster themed cereals every time. Fruit Brute would be my next flavor but they all taste the same. Except for Count Chocula. I am not a fan of chocolate in my cereal.

 

 
I just wrote this post to focus my thoughts for once. So if you hear many of these same points don't judge me. I care about doing a good job so preparation is key. I hope enough others show up to make the conversation interesting. I fear I may have joined a sinking ship. I remember how that turned out for Jack and Rose.
 
We just finished our three person podcast. I thought I did good but I could hear some audio delay which wasn't helped by my butting into conversations. I hope next time we have a much larger team to talk with and with Halloween coming up that will no doubt be the case. But thanks to Chris and Erik. I have been learning a lot about podcasting and if I am learning then I am happy.
 
I will let you all know when you can hear this episode if the technical difficulties don't force us to scrap the whole thing.
 

2 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Hey, they asked you back for another podcast and now you're bitching about it? WTF, man.

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

I WANT to do better each time. I want to give them what I have and what I have has to be what they want. It's a delicate thing to get the balance right. I need an audience to laugh at my jokes. Respond in some way so that we are having a conversation. Because then I sound less like a goofball and more like a bon vivant.