Wednesday, August 31, 2016

The Trimming Has Begun

Well I have made one of the hardest decisions of my life. I have so many action figures and other toys that I find too many of them are sitting in tubs and not on display like they should be. So stuff has got to go. Not my prized pieces or the great pieces I have been gifted but the mint in package figures that I can part with. I have Ninja Turtles stuff but I no longer collect them. I have a bunch of wrestling figures and I don't follow wrestling. I don't know why I have McFarlane hockey players and I only watch hockey when Canada is playing. Why am I holding onto these? I set my limit at about 100 pieces of the more than 1000 that I have which is not as hard to pick out as I thought. But it's time.Somebody will appreciate the care I gave everything so I expect a good turnout.

I don't want to deal with all the shipping and stuff involved with putting them all on line so I will be having a clearance sale as part of my mother's garage sale. I will put my prices up and if people don't like that they don't have to buy. I just needed to trim the collection so I can get some really nice pieces like the Kotobukiya female Loki and Thor for example.

 
The worst part of course is that I will have to re-arrange all my displays both upstairs and downstairs. I like to hang put all the toys from the same line in one place or one part of the walls they hang on so that will be a fun project.
 

9 comments:

Tim Knight said...

Good luck! I wish "garage sales" were a thing here (and if we had a garage), but I'm right with you. Stay strong ;)

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I think that's a good decision. It will keep your main collection current and let you re-invest in some more prize pieces! I'm sure you'll advertise your collectibles sale as widely as possible so lots of eager buyers will turn out! Good luck!

Debra She Who Seeks said...

It'd be worthwhile to put a few posters up in local comics and collectibles places too. They will be salivating!

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

I hope so. I don't plan to barter like a Bedouin either.

DrGoat said...

Be prepared for people offering you insulting prices for your treasures. We had a yard sale a couple of years ago and I finally got tired of jerks offering me 3$ for something worth 50$ with a price tag of 10$ etc. It was a yard sale though, so that evidently comes with the territory. Sure wish I could drop by with a wad of bills.

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

I will just post my prices and they will have to deal. Especially if I am going through all this effort.

DrGoat said...

Stick to your guns. Debra has a good idea. The people that would love to have that kind of stuff need to be informed.

Timothy S. Brannan said...

ACK! I am just sorry I can't participate in the Garage Sale of Cool. I am sure you have some treasures.

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

I would love to see you. I will post some pictures next week and hope for some positive reviews from the local collecting group that I hope will come for a peek.