Wednesday, November 1, 2017

Geostorm



Sometimes you just want to see a big and goofy disaster movie but maybe this is not that movie. I used to say that when you totally start to forget the movie you just saw on the ride home from that movie, it's a bad sign. I forgot about this one before it was even over. I just didn't care. The movie's emotional payoff was so weak as to not even exist. I didn't believe for a second that the two leads were brother. Every line of dialogue is so overwrought that I felt I was in a Michael Bay movie. This is the same kind of crap only with less advanced special effects. You have seen it all before if you have seen any disaster movie in the past 20 years. Nothing interesting visually and nothing interesting story-wise. How they could make a crazy weather/space station movie boring is beyond me.

Geostorm is no other than your low-quality disaster movie with minimal to no effort being made in the process. You just have to sometimes wonder who even thought this was a great idea to show to people. - Rotten Tomatoes

 
BTW - this scene does not appear in the movie.
Then why is it on the poster?
 
 
A Tsunami destroying a city?
Meh.
 

6 comments:

Shlomo Ben Hungstien said...

until i saw this posting i had totally forgotten about having seen the trailers for this movie during the previews of movies i've seen in theaters in recent months. Gerard Butler better start picking his movie projects better he's starting to become synonymous with box office bombs. can't think of one good movie i've seen him in since 300 other then The Game of Their Lives. i remember when i saw the trailer for The Gods of Egypt i could tell right away it was going to not only be garbage but also a box office bomb.

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

I knew this was going to be crappy too but I can't resist a disaster movie. I should have.

j-swin said...

I saw a review that said the actual weather channel is more entertaining.

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

That is not an untrue statement.

Erik Johnson Illustrator said...

This scene is in the poster because it's trying to copy the poster for "Inception".

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

I hated that movie too.