Tuesday, November 5, 2019

I LOVE The Bionic Woman

 
We moved back to Canada in 1977 so I missed out on the Pop Cultural phenoms like Charlies Angels and The Bionic Man on first run. But I caught The Bionic Woman right from the start. I loved that show so much that I traded my sister for her Lindsey Wagner styling head. It didn't even look like her. I never took it out of the box but of all my lost toys, that one kinda hurts the most.


For some reason I liked the bionic ear better than the bionic eye. Who wants to see far way? I want to HEAR what other people are talking about especially if they are talking about me when I leave the room. Then I would burst back into the room and bust them. Of course when I left after that they would talk about me even more.

The episodes with Big Foot and Max the dog were two of my favorites.

 
When I found these images and animations over at Rob's Room the post just wrote itself. The graphics were the coolest thing that was cutting edge imaginary science at the time. I thought about having bionics all the time.



 
This is MY Bionic Woman figure given to me by my estranged buddy Pat who found it while picking for pop culture collectibles. It's in beautiful shape. She is missing nothing and the sticker on the jacked is still crisp. I get a tingle just thinking about it. Her ear even clicks when you move her head, just like it's suppose to. The panels on her legs that reveal her bionic parts are intact. She has both shoes and the clothing is museum condition. Sigh.
 

 
Seeing her reminded me of Pat - the friend I got this from. I miss talking to him. I loved that when I mentioned those toys he was actually listening. It sucks that we don't talk much anymore because it's hard to find someone who knows about the toys and records and comics that you are talking about. And trust me, that is the COOLEST thing about being a collector - talking to other collectors or in this case a person who is in the business of knowing his pop culture collectibles.
 


Isn't it great that she has her own beauty salon. And only getting ready for a date with a boy made her smile. GAH. I am so glad I rescued her from that life.


And she displays next to her boss, Oscar Goldman. When did you ever hear of THE BOSS getting his own action figure with what is arguable the coolest accessory of all time - THE EXPLODING BRIEFCASE. I could explain to you the glory of this figure but I will let this commercial speak for me.
  


This was the TV two parter that introduced the Bionic Woman. I include it also for the 70s commercials which are included. Amazing stuff. A real trip into the past. I am still a little freaked out by the overload of nostalgia.



1 comment:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I enjoyed watching those programs too.