Friday, December 25, 2020

This Is The Way


In the top three all time favorite series of mine. I love everything about it. 16 episodes of greatness that reminds me of a time when a creator with vision made the greatest science fiction movie of all time. For shear audience enjoyment it's unchallenged. It took more than 30 years for someone to strip away the burden of continuity and expectations and recapture that same feeling I has a a 12 year old. 

Many either love or hate how the second season ended which is the way it should be. I see both sides of the argument. Some say the Dues Ex Machina that occurred in Episode 16 was lazy. I say it was earned by all that came before it. Sometimes you give the fanboys just what they want most when their opinion of the series are almost universally positive and Star Wars fans never agree about ANYTHING. It's why I don't argue with them about anything Star Wars related. Star Wars is the closest thing to my heart so I am protective of it and I don't need to give the energy to anything that diminishes that movie in my eyes.

I feel the exact same way about the Mandalorian. It was a gift to every child of 1977's biggest cultural experience. It was the beginning of POP CULTURE that makes everything thing before it look like a fad.
The Mandalorian was made with love for it's source material but not a slave to it. From that mindset a cultural tsunami was created and we are all better for it. It's the show of the pandemic that I could only dream of being able to see even at the end of the World. It's a gift to us.

If you haven't seen it, what is your damage? Even people who don't know every bit of minutia about the Star Wars Universe will love it. It's very accessible.











No comments: