Friday, September 18, 2015

Also New To The Collection Of Cool

This toy is a remake of the Original Sam Cobra from the classic Johnny West line from MARX TOYS. It's also has a bit of a pedigree that I wanted to share from James Wozniak, the man I just purchased him from for 60 dollars American. This is one of only 200 that were made to celebrate the 50th Anniversary of the classic toy.

 
The box is a total custom job and I love the deep rich blue coloring.

 
This is a White Sam Cobra and Cobra accessories. These are made using the original Marx molds. This is not vintage a Marx. These are newly produced in Mexico using the Marx Sam Cobra molds. These can be identified from the vintage as the black plastic in this set is slightly more translucent. This set includes three ax heads and one spear head that Marx never released. The two piece derringer needs to be trimmed and drilled with a small hole to function as the original. The ax heads will fit into the sword cane, however some collectors think that they should also be drilled to fit onto the end of the pool cues. Includes everything shown. Johnny West name is used with permission of CXR ranch. Fort Scott Kansas.
 
 
MARX TOYS was knows for providing and insane amount of accessories with their 12 inch figures. This one has pieces for a James West figure that include all kinds of weapons and other pieces that a bank robber may not carry with him. But I love it all. I love the sword can and the derringers. I so want my glass display case now so that I could display him behind glass and not in his box. But for now that is where he must stay so nothing little get's lost.

 
Two great pieces in one week. I feel like I am buying smarter these days. Finally, he has arrived and looks really good. I love the boxing and the certificate of authenticity that comes with him.Everything looks amazing. He may not be technically vintage but I like that he is a real collectors item for someone like me.
 



 

1 comment:

Dr. Theda said...

Wonderful figure....!!!