Thursday, September 24, 2015

The Strain - Season Two Continues


Oh thank you Rat Catcher for saving Dutch from my hated Nazi and how dare they spend time giving ONE SECOND of sympathy for him and his Nazi bastardry. And the way he tortured Dutch to 'season' her was beyond freaky. But once again the resiliency of humans will always be stronger than the Stregoi. Fuck you Nazi. You will get your hash settled but good one day. You can't even finish the job because you have an EGO and you are a sadist who enjoys stretching out the pain of your favorite victims. All you do is buy time for a rescue. I would have hate to lose Dutch but thematically it would have been good storytelling to see her sacrificed before she could be rescued. But this incident changes the entire dynamic about our group. One of their own was tortured and traumatized in a way that will come back to haunt all of them. This is such rich storytelling. This is the number one reason why I love The Strain.


And it was so neat to see who acquired the Lumin. It was sweet to know that the relationship the Old Man made with the Black Gang Leader will pay off ten fold. Unless of course the kid makes a better deal with The Billionaire but I don't see that happening.


I would also like to see the Luchador take one of the Old Man's 'treatments' to fix his bum leg so he can fight as the Silver Angel once again. Another cool development towards the end of season two. Only two episodes left this year. I will miss it when it goes but I feel good knowing that the show is in good hands and I can wait until next summer for season three to begin.

 
I only buy ONE comic book from the comic book store. It's called THE STRAIN. I save them up and after this second season I will read the comics and see how they measure up. Then when all the comic books are done I will read the novels. The Strain is worth that time and effort.

2 comments:

j-swin said...

I agree, best show on tv right now. Now if they just got rid of that little whining shit-ass it would be perfect!

dan muray said...

Nazis must be hard of hearing as he did not hear the dynamite in the wall----dan