Saturday, December 15, 2018

We All Know The Legends - It's A Canadian Thing

Yellowknifer and Cabin Radio host Jesse Wheeler says the radio station was filming a commercial for the Workers' Safety and Compensation Commission about workers' safety when he "drew the short straw" to take on the role of sticking his tongue to a light pole for a gag.

"Just like when you were a kid, it immediately terrifies you," he said, noting a cup of warm water was at the ready to set him free.


He remembers being in the yard during recess when he was in Grade 1 at Mildred Hall School and sticking his tongue to the pole of a chain link fence.

"I ripped it off. I just kind of leaned back and ripped it off. And I remember my tongue actually bleeding a little bit."

'In horror I'd realized what I'd done'

http://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canada/its-just-like-a-christmas-story-northerners-recall-sticking-their-tongues-to-frozen-metal/ar-BBQZprM?li=AAggXBV

2 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

There were always one or two stupid kids per year at school who would get sucked into doing this.

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

I know. It's great. But never on MY supervision.