Thursday, April 18, 2019

I Knew FOX Would Cancel This Show Because I Liked It

 



 
 
I really did enjoy this one. Sure they were the gloomiest mutants ever but all the ennui was interesting and the choice of the mutants to have in the larger story was very smart because their powers worked well on television and were relatively cheap to do with stuntwork or simple CGI. But of course as I predicted way back when this show started two years ago that it would be lucky to even get two seasons. FOX makes these genre shows but they never support them. A major reason that network shows are dying but in the world of shows you can binge on there is good room on TV for a weekly show that gives you a bit of a breather between episodes before seeing the next one but unfortunately that has become a very old fashioned notion of late so people tend to forget about these programs if they don't have entire seasons in front of them before they ever start to watch. This one will find  a home where they will stream it and five years from now it will be seen as a little show about mutants that got away from us because it was too good for the times and place it was produced. On Netflix this one would have been a huge hit. I am sad to see it go.






 

4 comments:

jester59388 said...

I won't repeat my prior rants on this particular point. Fox sucks. They tease us with quality programming and then break our hearts time and time again. At least this one they didn't leave on a cliffhanger.

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

I know. I know. This one hurts extra because it was such a good show. This has nothing to do with the quality of the program. FOX is just out to make money, nothing else. My fault for being mad whenever I realize that truth.

Oh and ratings these days are irrelevant.

jester59388 said...

Every time I decide to watch a new serialized show on Fox with imaginative storytelling, I know I'm just like Charlie Brown racing towards that football thinking: "Maybe THIS time she WON'T just yank it away and leave me sprawled flat on my back screaming "AUUUGGGHHH!!"" WRONG AGAIN! Maybe one day I'll learn.

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

No you won't. None of us will learn and that is how they are able to continue to abuse us.