Friday, September 28, 2012

Brother Erik Get's Me

Once again my mighty visage has been captured in the manner I prefer. It's the classic story of a hero, his cat, his favorite celebrity, and the ghost of one of America's great Presidents.
 
I do want to confirm that I DO slap Justin in the first issue but in my defence I was only trying to get him to focus. Why do I tolerate that boy around my operation? If he is not pushing buttons on a control panel he is leaving a case of Pepsi Max in the fridge without any cans left inside.  I have no choice. She loves him so I put up with him for her.
 
Before you judge her you have to understand that she is the ONLY person on the planet that can keep us safe from the Idiot Bieber if he ever figures out that he can use his fame for evil...if he hasn't already. I needed someone with 24/7 access to him...in case...you know...he had been co-opted by the tentacled menace. I hate a collaborator most of all.
 
I never want to put the burden of snapping his neck like a chicken wing upon her but I am convinced that she is up to the task. She has a surprising low tolerance for numnut behavior and the cephalopod.
 
Erik Johnson has been  a long time friend and follower. I value my artist friends who possess a skill that I do not. I can see the stories in my head but I can't get them to appear on the paper in a way that is up to my rigorous standards - especially when my own mythology is involved.
 
You can visit Erik's site HERE. Make sure you tell him how magnificent this commission is.
 
And this all happened at the END of my day. I swear, the asteroid is hitting the planet tonight and it's going to directly target my house. No way I get to tomorrow without something tragic happening to me. I don't have that kind of good Karma.
 
The cover features a lot of things that he loves; comic book covers from the 70s, outer space adventuring, Lasers, Jetpacks, Selena Gomez and his cat, Admiral Fluffy, all attacking the deadly cephalopod menace!
 

10 comments:

M. D. Jackson said...

Well done! When will it be available in my local comic book store?

Kal said...

I hope soon but you know the politics of the comic bidness. No one has any vision anymore.

Mike D. said...

Love ir

Mike D. said...

Lol...LOVE IT!!!

Debra She Who Seeks said...

AWESOME! Erik Johnson, you rock. Cal, love those 6-pak abs. And Admiral Fluffy -- SO FIERCE!!!

Erik Johnson Illustrator said...

Sorry if I ruined the surprise before you got the physical copy Kal!

I want to be able to thank everyone for their kind words. This piece was a blast to do and really helped me out of a funk I had been in, so I want to thank you for this great opportunity and I appreciate this plug as well!

Kal said...

It was a great decision to share it with me today. I am very jazzed about the piece. You really gave me your best and it makes me feel good that I could inspire your muse.

Kal said...

To be honest it's more of a one pack and the cat didn't have any breakfast that morning. He sees no reason to be reasonable when I don't plan well enough and let his cans of food run out. Dry for first breakfast? Not for that diva.

Dr. Theda said...

Really Cool Cover.... you are a very lucky man to know so many talented artists....

Kal said...

I like the think I inspire people's creativity. They do that for me so I hope it works both ways.