Thursday, September 27, 2012

Duke The Super Action Dog


 
Did anyone have this toy? I must have seen the ad for it in the comics 1000 times but I have never actually seen the figure in real life.
 
 
Duke was conceived in 1973 as an idea for children as well as dog breeding researchers. Inspired by porcelain pet sculptures and hollow blow molded toys of dogs, Kenner wanted to create a dog accessory toy that could be posed into running, walking or sitting positions. The dog could also grasp things in its mouth, and be used as a play rescue dog, or play guard dog. The dog was given various accessories, and used by various 1/6 action figure collectors as a more realistic dog accessory
 

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I have never seen this one before Kal but i would love to have one now.

Kal said...

I love the peroscope.

DrGoat said...

Wow. That one's new to me too. It's VERY cool.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Never heard of Duke before. He couldn't hold a candle to the Littlest Hobo anyway.

Kal said...

That Hobo made me cry...ME!

Unknown said...

I still have Duke! I received the dog and rescue unit set for Christmas around 1974. Pulling the unit (or just rotating the wheels) powered the light that he could grip in his mouth. Now that I look back, it was a very innovative toy that didn't need batteries to operate. Duke's jaw spring is STRONG. We used to string up the entire back yard and "swing" Duke down the lines. Sadly, I don't have any of the accessories anymore. But my memories tell me he was a COOL toy!