Saturday, February 23, 2013

Another Me Meme


Breath: How have you changed over the past year?

I have lost 30 pounds and become a better blogger.
          
Light: Would you consider yourself lucky? Why?
 
I pretty much have complete control over my life. I have no one I am responsible to and I have a nice home, car, and ability to support myself. I can eat what I want, do where I want, sleep when I want and watch what I want so yeh, I am lucky. Maybe I am afraid of pursuing relationships because they might spoil my perfect little world.
           
Time: What is your favourite memory?
 
Jumping on a train's open boxcar one summer morning when I was 14 and rode it to Winnipeg about 3 hours away. I was with two of my buddies. We spent the day walking downtown and going to a showing of Moonraker before taking the army bus back home to Shilo. It was a cool adventure.
         
Space: If you could be anywhere right now, where would you be?
 
Right here. On my computer. Or in Bavaria during Oktoberfest. I am hungry for bratwurst and sweet German mustard right now.
          
Life: Are you a rule breaker by heart?
 
I aspire to be but generally I do what I am suppose to. Damn.
          
Hope: What are you looking forward to?
 
Travelling to Ireland in September.
           
Void: Do you like being alone?
 
I do. I have always been able to entertain myself. I don't pine for the company of others. In fact, I find it often a draining procedure to entertain others. People are a lot of work and people you feel responsible for are the most work of all. I hate letting others down so I avoid the whole situation if I can. That doesn't mean I don't feel crushing lonliness at times but I come out of those spells faster than most.
           
Heart: Have you ever been in love?
 
I fall in love most everyday but never have those emotions been returned.
          
Mind: Do you make decisions easily?
 
I usually decide something and move on. I don't ponder all the permutation's of my actions. I just react to whatever I am presented with and that's it. I don't have time for regrets. I hate when my Mother does something like plan a trip then spends the weeks before the trip wondering if she should go. She always is happy she went but getting her out the door is a chore sometimes. 
          
Doom: Have you ever gotten injured?
 
Never broke a bone but have pulled muscles and been shot in the face. I still have the metal in my head and now need to get an X-Ray to carry with me when I travel to prove I am not some terrorist. I can't wait to get my copy to show off here.
          
Blood: Do you form strong friendships?
 
I used to in my youth but I have moved so much as a kid that it's hard to keep connections. You would think that something like Facebook would be a boon to someone like me but I find it hard to re-connect people I once knew but no longer have any connection to. My best friendships these days are with people online. It's so much easier to live my life this way and I feel like it's less likely for me to let people down - which is my greatest fear.
          
Rage: What are your biggest pet peeves?
 
Well today it's curlers like Colleen Jones who should have retired  20 years ago from the game but showed up this week at the Scott's Tournament of Hearts. Everytime they show her stupid ass face she is smacking on ten pieces of gum, which I can't stand. She is the CBC morning weather girl and I have hated her there for years.
 

2 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Yeah, Colleen Jones just never seems to go away, does she?

And hey! Ireland in September? That will be one great trip!

Kal said...

I am looking for it.