Monday, April 8, 2013

A Comic Reading List To Introduce Youself To Thanos And The Guardian Of The Galaxy

I spent some time this weekend going through my 'T' crate of comics to find any and everything I had on Thanos. I am in a mood to familiarize myself with the comic version of the character as he is about to become a sensation over the next several live action superhero films from Marvel Comics. Most movie fans will go into the theatre cold without any knowledge of what Thanos is truly capable of. Now you don't have to be one of those people if you just follow my simple reading list. These stories are all collected in Trade Paperback form and can be found or borrowed at your local library.
 
 
Of course Thanos Quest and the Infinity Gauntlet set of mini-series started this resurgence in popularity for the 'Mad Titan' and are also must reading for fans. I didn't like the way every issue at the same time had to have an Infinity Gauntlet tie-in but you don't need to read those to get the main story. But first, you have to start with the bottom two issues. The Six Soul Gems are the heart of the Infinity Gauntlet and that Gauntlet will be the centre of the next series of Avengers films if the rumors are correct. Plus when you tie the Guardians of the Galaxy into those other films you have more reason to read up on Thanos before you go into the theatre.

 
Anytime you have every hero against ONE all powerful villain, I will always be there to see if the heroes can possible win. I feel the same way about the current Age of Ultron storyline from Marvel Now. The more recent Thanos Imperative features the latest version of the Guardians of the Galaxy and is written with the upcoming live action movies in mind. I think you will enjoy it if you are into the cosmic parts of the Marvel Universe.
 
 
 







 
 

1 comment:

Kelly Sedinger said...

Thanks for this post! I know where to start digging now for backstory.