Wednesday, April 10, 2013

A-Z Challenge - 'I' Is For Comic Book Illustrators That I Admire

 
 
What impresses me most about the art of illustration, especially comic book art? First of all, the fact I can't replicate it to save my life, and after seeing all the beautiful stuff it has been my pleasure to read for the past 40 years, I can say I got the better part of the deal.

I would be obsessive with my art and never enjoy it, never consider it finished. I would feel rushed by editors who would say I wasn't fast, or not good. Some of the guys above are very prolific while others rarely launch onto any one project for very long. All, however are unique.

I could have added favorite artists that I know because they follow my blog. Many of them have links in my blog list. I encourage you to check out their art. I a preparing a blog on their work for another letter so for this round my choices were limited to comic book artists.

It was tough to choice favorites so I went to my illustrator's file and found the favorites who had work I was saving to share with you. After willowing that list down by half and half again, I leave you with my March Madness favorite illustrators bracket finalists. In no particular order.
 
Each person chosen is a master of design and color and maybe it's their overall visual appeal they create that is so attractive to me. Of course that makes sense since comic are a visual medium. Anytime these artists release a product I have to search it out and read it.
 
 
 
 
Paolo Rivera

 
 
 
Phil Noto

 
 
 
 
Mike Alred
 
 

 
 
Brian Stelfreeze
 
 
 
 
Mike Mayhew
 
 
 
 
Dan Brereton
 
 
 
 
Alex Ross
 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

if i had once ounce of talent...

Kal said...

I would join you and we would together have 2 ounces of talent.