Wednesday, August 28, 2013

From Riddles' Facebook Page

 
Just reposting this cause of Heroes of Cosplay Episode 3 : I know some of you thought this might be my original take on the rocketeer, it is not. This version was based on a story which was written and drawn by Darwyn Cooke for a published tribute of Rocketeer Stories by IDW.

I always wanted to cosplay from the Rocketeer and when I saw this I thought it was a clever take on the main characters and something I could do. Plus I would look silly in Cliffs Johdpurs. . Everything on this costume is custom, even down to the buttons. There is easily over 100+ hours of work in this costume. The rocket pack is based on the comic version not the movie version.

If you love the movie, make sure to check out the original comic it’s based on by Dave Stevens. It's Just Amazing....
 
 
It was this character that convinced me that Riki was the real deal. I know some people have been down on her about things she has said about cosplayers finding a costume that fit's their body type and personality. She is right. You can't separate one from the other if you want to make a memorable costume. I know I will never forget her 'Betty Rocketeer'.
 

No comments: