Thursday, October 24, 2013

I Loves Me Some 'Weekly World News'

 
Bat Boy Lives!: "The Weekly World News Guide to Politics, Culture, Celebrities, Alien Abductions, and the Mutant Freaks that Shape Our World." Which I bought brand new, back when there were book stores that you could walk into and do that sort of thing at, and have promptly never read. This book reprints not ONLY some of the Bat Boy stories, but a TON of the strangest and most shocking stories to see print in WWN. Why I haven't ingested this into my eyes in all this time I cannot tell you.

 
Who doesn't remember Bat Boy? I bought the issue that featured the first appearance of Bat Boy in the Weekly World News. I fell in love instantly. I didn't follow the rest of the character's exploits in WWN but I occasionally checked in at the supermarket check-out line to see how the the little devil was doing. So finding this book that focuses on the entire Bat Boy saga at Goodwill for 1.99 was a real treat. There is also additional material printed here that was never included in the Weekly World News. So soon I shall wrap up in a warm blanket and soak in the adventures of one terribly misunderstood mutant bat/human hybrid. I also own this book.

http://goodwillhunting4geeks.blogspot.ca/

I need to find both these books. I would have loved to work for that weird newspaper back in the day. I would have come up with all kinds of bizarre stuff.
  

No comments: