Monday, December 9, 2013

Gravity (2013)


Wow, what an epic space adventure. I have rarely seen anything so visually immersive in all my movie going days. I suffered along with poor Sarah (the fantastic Sandra Bullock) as an astronaut who tries to save herself after an accident in space. That is all you need to know going in. The less I tell you the better. Please also see this classic in 3D if you can. This is the kind of film that 3D technology was made for.

 
 
Bullock might get her second Oscar for this role but so should the technical production side of the movie because what they created was magic. You forget that you are watching a MOVIE about being in space because you are IN SPACE and the attention to detail is mind blowing. At anytime they could do something wrong that destroys the illusion completely but that never happens. I hope this shows up at an IMAX theatre some day. Bigger would be better and cooler. Hell next time I want to watch it in a space suit. Just hook me up with oxygen and Pepsi through my suit.



1 comment:

Tom said...

I totally agree. I was mesmerized the entire movie.