Sunday, October 18, 2015

Won't Someone Please Think Of The Children?

 
I don't usually post the entire article here but on this occasion I really want to preserve this story for posterity. While El Chapo builds his elaborate tunnels to smuggle drugs and himself from country to country, Canadian women are moving Kinder Surprise Eggs by the dozens into the States. Someone call the FBI. I want this menace stopped. Children love chocolate, they like toys. They will eat the chocolate, then try to swallow the toy and keep the capsule to hide their drugs in. I say IF they choke on said toy then it was natural selection. Teach your children to NOT put toys in their mouth. Seems to work up here.

America has real problems with Kinder Eggs but not with the guns that seem to me to be much more dangerous to the child than some tiny toys. Just saying. And the chocolate is not bad and the toys are certainly better than the Cracker Jack 'prizes' that you get if you buy that product.

The toys are very collectible and are a nice starter collection for little kids. They can keep all their Kinder Toys on display so they won't be tempted to eat them. See how that works. These are not toys for toddlers or babies. This is for a kid that is at least out of diapers and can carry somewhat of a conversation.


Three Canadian women are being held in a Seattle detention centre after an elaborate Kinder Egg smuggling ring was uncovered. Border officials have seized more than 6,000 chocolate eggs containing tiny toys such as a little plastic horse that is also a whistle.

The Italian confectionary is popular in Canada but illegal in the US where small plastic items, like a wind-up, walking piece of cake or a raccoon playing the trumpet, are considered choking hazards. This has created a lucrative black market, a source of increasing tension between the Harper and Obama governments.
 
"I thought maybe it was drugs but when I opened it up it was a little plastic fox dressed like a queen. I called the police right away."
Dale Lawson, dog walker

A 500 ft. tunnel running from the outskirts of Abbotsford, B.C. to a shed in Sumas, WA was detected late last week by Dale Lawson while he was walking his dog: "Buster got into this weird looking shed," say Lawson, "he comes out with chocolate in his mouth."

Lawson, worried that his dog could get sick, took the chocolate and found it contained a plastic capsule. "I thought maybe it was drugs but when I opened it up it was a little plastic fox dressed like a queen. I called the police right away."

Police arrived just as Melanie Russet, Marg Spooner and Lynn Dodwell emerged from the tunnel with flats of chocolate eggs. The three were taken into custody and more arrests on both sides of the border are expected.

It's estimated that up to 800,000 eggs cross the border every year and while there have yet to be any reported fatalities, it's only a matter of time before a child chokes on a tiny house with googly eyes or a pen shaped like a ski.



I got to about 3 minutes into this video before I had to stop. Can you get further. I was fascinated to see what would come out of the package eat time, however. The toys are very high quality for the size they are. The designs and paint jobs are solid. Now if only fricken Cracker Jacks could get their act together because I actually like their weak ass caramel corn.

3 comments:

Tim Knight said...

Kinder Egg chocolate is amazing and the little toys (although they soon get lost down the back of sofas or forgotten about) are really good.

Have to love a country that loses its shit if someone suggests taking their guns away, but are too frightened of their dumb kids choking on plastic treats to allow chocolate eggs into their country!

It's not as if you bite through the egg and straight into the toy, they are contained within a plastic egg (a fun toy on its own, I have to say).

My gun control suggestion: encase all the guns in giant chocolate eggs...

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

That is a brilliant idea. Because when I want to kill someone, chocolate always helps calm me down and some of those collector guns will be sweet. Kinder Surprise make the best weapons and I want a Hello Kitty Glok.

DrGoat said...

I'm ashamed of my country. I want those eggs!