Sunday, May 26, 2019

Bought While Picking For Collectibles In Blackfalls




 
 
I saw this large bust of Shang Chi, Marvel's Master of Kung Fu and son to Fu Man Chu. His comic was very popular in the seventies so when I saw him I was exited. This was the first real collectible that I had seen all day of garage sale visits in Edmonton with my buddies Pat and Jeremy. It had a ten and five dollar tag on it but the nice lady gave it to me for FIVE DOLLARS, CANADIAN!! With the certificate of authenticity. Only 2500 were made and this one is in excellent condition in an excellent box. A real find and treasure to me on my very first Saturday picking expedition.
 
 
(click to enlarge)


 



 
 
I have both these collectibles now and I am very happy.

 
Shang-Chi is a fictional character, often called the "Master of Kung Fu", appearing in American comic books published by Marvel Comics. He was created by writer Steve Englehart and artist Jim Starlin. Shang-Chi is an extraordinary master of numerous unarmed and weaponry-based wushu styles, including the use of the gùn, nunchaku and jian. In later years, upon joining the Avengers, he gains the power to create countless duplicates of himself.
 
 

 

6 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

What a steal!

Count Robot said...

wish they would make a show about his character.

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

I understand he is in the loop for his own solo movie once a good script come up.

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

He works for MI6 and would be a good agent to work with a young Black Widow when she is recruited by SHIELD.

nolan said...

Always preferred Shang Chi to Iron Fist. He's more legit because he doesn't have kung fu magic chi mumbo jumbo to rely upon...

nolan said...

Just found out about the film now. The once upon a time in hollywood bruce lee guy would be perfect!