Monday, May 27, 2019

Stop Reading My Mind, MSN Robot

 
All day long yesterday I was either eating, thinking about or talking about A&W food. I love their burgers and their root beer even though their mascots are very shady. A chicken mascot for their chicken and a bear who wears a sweater and knit cap (with pom pom) even in the hottest of summer days? I don't let them get in the way of my enjoyment of the good food, however.



Then today this appears on my MSN feed. I swear. These algorithms read our damn minds.

 


There is an A&W in every small town in Canada, especially in the prairies. I love their Mozza burgers the most but any of their burgers is great. They even have OK poutine and the best vegan burger in the business.


 
I KNEW they used to sell their root beer by the JUG. We had it often when we went on road trips in our old VW Beetle. Tough to juggle a heavy bottle while the car is moving and not spill that sweet root beer all over the back of the car and ourselves.

 
 

2 comments:

j-swin said...

There was only one A&W around us, in the next town over and it was a special treat every time we went. We always got to take home a half gallon of root beer too....along with a purloined mug or two.

DrGoat said...

Back in the 60s, there was an A&W on Speedway. It was a tradition to stop and have some food and a frosty mug of root beer after a night of getting stoned and havin' fun. Vince Furnier (before he was Alice Cooper) and his awesome band used to play the VIP club down the street just about every Saturday night. Loud, really good rock and roll.
Wanting that time machine really bad.