Saturday, October 12, 2019

Nanalan Is So Twisted But That Makes It The Best Toddler Show On CBC That Adults Can Like

I was flipping around the satellite looking to see if Saturday Morning cartoons still existed and got lost in an old gem from CBC kids. I remember this one on in the 90s. It came on after the morning news on the CBC which I watched when I first got to work at the school. After the news it just stayed on while I was getting ready for class. While kids were straggling into first class it was therefor often on the room's TV and when it was we would goof on it.

I love reading all the subtext in this show. Obviously Nana is having a highly charged sexual relationship with the old guy that lives next door. Listen to their conversations. It's full of perversions and invitation to dirty weekends when Nana doesn't have to babysit that special needs granddaughter of hers which she does five days a week so her daughter can work on the condom factory assembly line. Oh and Nanalan is a serial killer and the dog keep digging up the human bones that she has buried in her garden which always has the HUGEST radishes every season.

See, sick and twisted.

 

No comments: