Thursday, February 4, 2021

The Story Of The Bear And His Search For A New Cave To Live In


My Psychiatrist told me today to think of myself as a hibernating bear who has to leave his cave to find a new cave as humans are encroaching on his habitat. I said that would make an interesting animated Disney movie about a bear who was in a rut and needed the change and found a whole new life at the end of his search even though he was quite content with where he was living. He had made it a nice cave just perfect for his simple needs.


Of course I had to say that the Bear didn't have a huge toy collection to find a place to store or drag around with him to his next cave. He had at most a couple of picnic baskets. I have more tasks to accomplish before I get through this crisis than just some bear on a walkabout to find his destiny, the place he is most meant to be, even though he didn't know it. And that the Bears decisions were heavily dependant on the wishes of the Bear's Mother whose cave is being sold. He has lived on her generosity and love for 15 years after a trauma and now everything is changing. The family cave will be sold and be home no more.


I was told that the Bear would make a NEW even BETTER Cave of Cool when he got out of the old one. A whole fresh take on the CAVE OF A GOD. One certainly worthy of my genius. I liked that part. 


But the MOVE. I CAN'T MOVE. THIS IS MY HOME FOR SO LONG.


At this point I was OFF THE PICTURE.


First of all, as a bear, I have a low success rate with change. I avoid change. Change just leads to failure and disappointment and me being eaten by a tiger in some low rent trailer park.


4 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Wow, Cal, this is big news indeed. Wishing you the best of luck in finding a new place and moving. Be strong and remember you are capable of doing this!

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

I will crack long before that. Don't worry. I only know how to fail.

Tim Knight said...

Echoing Debra, big news indeed. Stay strong, brother. Remember you're a bear (a grizzly bear?) and perfectly able to get through this. Moving is really hard, but once it's over and you're in your new cave you get the excitement of making it your own place again.

Chase March said...

A new cave could be cool. Sending positive vibes your way!