Friday, November 30, 2012

So Collectible




 


I have resisted the urge to purchase these figures only because I know once I start I will need to have them all. The Monster High characters are so well designed and look great on display. These will only increase in value over time because it's one of the rare figure lines that has appeal to both guys and girls. It's hard to be a completist because there are so many different sets to buy. Someone will always be looking for that missing piece to add to their collection. They even sell the blank heads and bodies so you can customize and create original dolls. Females are a undersold part of the action figure market that are only really served by the Japanese (manga and anime genres) where female characters are dominate.
 

7 comments:

Timothy S. Brannan said...

They are awfully cute. I am just disappointed that they don't have a witch character.

Kal said...

Wait a month and they will.

DrGoat said...

I'll take a pass on these. Have at 'em Cal.

Kal said...

I am happy to resist these...but then again I will be going to Toys R Us today so no promises. I am such a spazz.

Hobgoblin238 said...

They are HUGE in Mexico! It is so cute when little girls bring them into the Monster Cafe to show they are Monsterettes.

Unknown said...

I've bought a couple of these for my boyfriend's daughter. I agree they are awesome-looking. My favorite thing about them are the names:

Frankie Stein? Draculaura? Come ON! That's so cute.

Kal said...

I saw only one today but it wasn't the Egyptian one which I decided I need to have. The Draculaura has a cool convertible that I have to keep my eye out for.

Hey email me...kheighton@hotmail.com. I have a Turtle question for you.