Sunday, September 29, 2013

Captain Cornelius Cartoon's Cartoon Lagoon

  


http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL4qTruTIFdZ_Iai2pf2mzAB2zSRuLWyaF

I love this idea. Like Mystery Science Theatre the boys on board the Manta Ray comment on old cartoons - some of the best and worst that have ever been produced. It's a great concept and fun for all ages, especially those of us who grew up with some or all of these animated 'gems'.

Between the snarky remarks there is a little puppet show highlighting the crew members and their various adventures. I was charmed to tell you the truth. The animation is light and breezy and the jokes are actually FUNNY. I enjoyed the season more as it went along.

I got an email today from the guy who produced this Cartoon Lagoon show that I have been getting into recently. Somehow he tracked me down and asked for me to do a post about their program. I should have saved the email before replying. Stupid Tumblr. He didn't have to ask. When I saw this show reviewed on Neato Coolville I had to check it out. It's prime Cave of Cool post material already.







http://cartoonlagoonstudios.com/

3 comments:

Erik Johnson Illustrator said...

It does look fun and their riffing is pretty balanced unlike the amateur types who rambled over all the actual dialogue.

Kal said...

The writing is strong and they have confidence in their material and concept to actually WORK out the jokes both visually and spoken.

Wings1295 said...

I have subscribed to their Youtube channel, but have yet to watch. Sounds like great fun!