Saturday, September 28, 2013

The League Of Extraordinary Bloggers - Pet Peeves

 
Pet Peeves

I am peeved about Breaking Bad ending but not for the reasons that you think. I didn't watch much past season one. I always thought I would get back to this one and binge on it but I didn't. Now it's ending and I am not a part of the fun at all. I got so burned by binging on LOST right before it's finale that I wasn't taking that chance again. I think I missed out.

LOST was really crappy. I am peeved that I have seen every single second of it.


Why can't American TV do what Britain does? Short episode seasons of it's popular shows (Like Luther, Sherlock) - 8 episode mini series (like the wicked excellent Broadchurch) and nighttime comedy shows like 8 out of 10 Cats that can get away with much more than US censors would allow. That kind of comedic freedom is refreshing. Not everything is so canned and bottled like it is on US talk shows. Now cable is doing great things. Ray Donovan - 13 episode season - brilliant.


Celebrity culture. I hate it. I don't get it but I revel in it. Not to the point where I buy the tabloids that fuel all this nonsense but I do know the players and all the bad things they have done. Has not enriched my soul one damn bit because nothing ever happens to these celebrity idiots because of their bad behavior. It's sometimes seems that the whole world is just 'made up'.


Crappy Canadian garage sales with no action figures. Not even loose ones - god forbid you find something in the box. It's just supply and demand I know but I always walk away disappointed.


Ebay and their shipping costs. Makes collecting toys a much more selective process. I suppose that is good because I think twice and three times before adding a toy to my collection and that always makes my collection better. But the shipping costs are outrageous. Why can't anyone figure out how to do it cheaply? I don't care if I get my figure five months later or that it's delivered by a guy on a donkey, I just would like to get a deal on the shipping like I often get on the figure itself.


Target and it's crappy Halloween and toy selection. There I said it. I broke the myth. I don't know what it's like is Ploughkeepsie but here in the Tundra there are pathetic toy aisles and selection and no Monster Cereals to speak of. I hate that Target replaced a Zellers which always had a shitload of toys. They were known for that especially at Christmas. Selection and great prices. Breaks my heart that it's gone now.

Other League members have pet peeves too.

http://ditreasures.blogspot.ca/2013/09/list-o-pet-peeves.html?showComment=1380391334744#c3208471410427134961

http://diaryofadorkette.blogspot.ca/2013/09/pickin-some-pet-peeves-for-league.html#more

5 comments:

Erik Johnson Illustrator said...

I was going to do this pet peeve post but I was getting down to the wire with the Harley Quinn page and knew I had to make that my top priority. So I'll just share some of your frustration.

Seems like you and I are on the same page as far as "Breaking Bad". I saw the first season when it was streaming for free. Its addictive but it has an uncomfortable undercurrent that I couldn't quite get into, not to dissimilar from The Walking Dead. Thought I could catch up later, but then it got too big and now that its wrapping up I feel like I didn't get invited to the cool party.

Lost. I followed that show for two seasons. I do not regret leaving after that. This is my problem with primetime drama shows. They hook you in, but then they get so dark or complicated that they stop being fun.

Ugh. I am so confused by that Miley picture. The semi-naked body has me aroused, but the "Good Golly Miss Miley" pun is AWFUL! The punk look isn't helping me any either.

Kal said...

I don't find Miley's new look to be attractive at all. It's Alabama Ditch Pig kind of trashy. It's the lowest common denominator. It's been done before and done better. She reminds me of a chicken. A stupid twerking chicken. Not chicken as in coward but chicken as in the bird. It's so obvious it's beyond boring to me.

Kal said...

Walking Dead is a chore to watch just because of the way it messes with your emotions. I need to save up the episodes like I do the comics and watch them in sets. Then I have to go away and come back in a couple of weeks and finish the season. But Walking Dead is great. But then so is Breaking Bad. One day I will know that too I am sure.

Kal said...

You might really like Broadchurch. David Tennant - yeh the Doctor Who guy but he's really good and the mystery is solid. High brow and high class like you like em.

Erik Johnson Illustrator said...

I have the first episode of Broadchurch on iTunes and about a half dozen other pilots too. Just waiting for some spare moment.