Friday, December 6, 2013

Breaks My Heart - RIP Madiba

 
With the passing of Nelson Mandela, the world has lost a leader who advanced the cause of equality and human rights, who overcame a history of oppression in South Africa to expand the reach of freedom worldwide. He was a great man who could have came out of jail and led his people into civil war. That would have been easy but he chose reconciliation over revenge and that might make him one of the greatest men the last century ever produced. My heard it breaking right now. One of my personal heroes.

 
Never has there been a greater WORLD LEADER in the past 100 years than Nelson Mandela. Knows by his people as Madiba, he found away to overcome his angry and bitterness and find true healing amongst both groups in the struggle against Apartheid. He was the first 'cause' that I got seriously into in the 80. I have NO PATIENCE for that kind of oppression and was one of the first declaring like most white performers that "I Ain't Gonna Play Sun City"
 


 

2 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I agree. Truly one of the towering figures of the 20th century.

DrGoat said...

A genuine 'human being' in a position of influence. Not many of those.