Saturday, September 17, 2016

The Strain - Season Three - Episodes 1-3

The Strain is an American horror drama television series that premiered on FX on July 13, 2014. It was created by Guillermo del Toro and Chuck Hogan, based on their novel trilogy of the same name. Carlton Cuse serves as executive producer and showrunner. Del Toro and Hogan wrote the pilot episode, "Night Zero", which del Toro directed. A thirteen-episode first season was ordered on November 19, 2013. The pilot episode premiered at the ATX Television Festival in Austin, Texas, in early June 2014.

Since I am lucky to live in the Golden Age of TV I have many shows to choose from. I usually give most everything a good look but the Strain has survived well into it's third season with me because it's that good. It's a great horror series that makes you care about the characters fighting a new type of vampire. I like the actors they have cast very much. Each make interesting choices and all have something valuable to contribute. They just need to find a way to trust each other long enough to actually kill this MASTER. The story is also very compelling to watch because the characters are always facing a series of impossible choices. The death of favorites is strong but the production values are high. You actually believe these Stregoi are the worst kind of vampire filth. I am not a big horror fan but I like the scares in this one.



Quinlin is very cool. He walks both worlds and has for centuries. He is the one destined to kill the Master but I think he will be smart enough in the end to set up the situation where someone else can deliver the killing blow. I think he has learned that he can't kill this Master by himself. He needs allies. I wanted to hear more of his backstory. It was one hell of a tale too. I love the depth to this mythology that del Toro has created and how a monster story could make me feel sorry for the vampire. But Quinlin or Quintus - his Roman Name - is a great fresh addition to this season.



Oh I am so sick of that drunk EF who can't get is shit together long enough to realize the kid is not worth it. He got his girl killed because she saved that stupid Kid. Then he now has to steal the Occidol Lumin (the magic book that tells us how to kill the master) from friends who trust him so that he can exchange said book for his kid.


Only NO VIEWER alive would make that trade. No wonder they have the character being an alcoholic because that explains his really bad choices. Corey Stahl is a new kind of hero, he's a non hero. He's a selfish hero that will get all those around him killed especially if for some strange reason they love or trust him. He's just a bad a menace as the Master because he's on the INSIDE. And then we lose the book.


Fett the Ratcatcher is my favorite character next to the old man. He is the only one who thinks of others more than himself. I like that he got some loving but I am fearful that his girl will just be killed for loving him.

 
Eichorst, I hate you so much ya Nazi Bastard. You are going to get your little red wagon fixed but good when the time is good a ready. You can bet I will be there to enjoy every minute of your death you Strigoi piece of shit. The only mystery will be WHO will deliver the killing blow because EVERY SINGLE CHARACTER on the show has a reason to kill you and make you suffer. He's a great villain who smiles in your face and only lets his favorites lives so he can prolong their suffering.
 
 
 
The relationship between Kelly and her son Zac is very creepy. He also is the least aware kid in the world. For all he has seen, he still doesn't get how dangerous his world is and that he is always seconds away from a bad death. HE just watched his FREAKIN MOM feast on a kid with her long tentacle like blood sucking tube. And just because he is that stupid, I want him to die badly as well.

Oh and if my Mother turned like that I would put her down with mercy but down she would go.


I miss The Hacker. Her pain is raw and I want her to return back to her first family of Strigoi hunters. Eichorst messed her up but good and she is near her breaking point. She needs to find her strength again because our Scooby Gang team needs her.

And if you need to catch up, there are two previous seasons of 13 episodes each to enjoy. I am not sure if it's on the NETFLIX but it should be.
 




2 comments:

j-swin said...

Great show, loves me som strain...except that little turd kid. Why the hell does ephraim want him back?

csmith2884 said...

ok, gotta go. Have not watched yet. Be back later.