Wednesday, November 2, 2016

Marvel's Agent's Of S.H.I.E.L.D. - Ghost Rider

I have decided that I am quite comfortable with missing the last two seasons of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. because it's really not a well written show. Much too much exposition but this how every good comic book is written. So I am confused. Maybe the stuff that doesn't quite work is deliberate. But I am digging all this Ghost Rider stuff because it's very well done and stars my boy, Gabriel Luna. He of course of the GREAT, GREAT, show MATADOR!! I know there has to be SOMEONE out there who has seen Matador. I know I just didn't make it up in my mind. Have I ever mentioned this show before? If not you really need to watch it. ONE season of 13 episodes of greatness with the brilliant Alfred Molina. Watch this clip from late in the show and tell me you don't want to see more.



 
 
But Luna does a cool Ghost Rider that sticks pretty close to the myth even though it's Robbie Reyes holding the Spirit of Vengeance inside him and not Johnny Blaze but Johnny Blaze does make an appearance. Luna's Ghost Rider is a badass and comes out at just the right time, like when the team needs to escape from a group of prisoners out of their cells or needs to kill an evil group of scientist ghosts (I shit you not!). It's all so goofy but Luna plays the high concepts better than any actor out there and he generates the right tone for the character that doesn't pull back. I can see the ending coming from around the block but it's been a fun ride.



 
 




No comments: