Tuesday, January 30, 2018

Putting Out The Call

I am putting out the call to my tribe. You know who you are. I know a cabbie who is in his 70s and has no computer or tv because that's the way he wants it. But he love VHS tapes of old movies and watches them or listens to CBC Radio and that's the way he likes it. The other day we were talking John Wayne movies and I asked him if he had ever seen the Quiet Man which is a great John Wayne movie and my Father's favorite film of all time. I thought I had a copy in my useless VHS tape collection but I don't so I am looking for the QUIET MAN with John Wayne on VHS. No one plays them anymore but someone might have a copy in a box downstairs. Would mean alot to me. Can you help me out? Maybe put out the call to relations that might live close to me. I just want to see this happen for some strange reason and I am casting my net as wide as I can think.

 

4 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I'll check with My Rare One and let you know. She has a bunch of old VHS movies and westerns kicking around.

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

OOOOO...this may be it...

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Sorry, Cal, she checked and this one is not among the VHS tapes she still has. And her VCR just gave up the ghost and is now on its way to the recyclers/skunk 'n junk too -- there was an old Lonesome Dove tape stuck in it and it put up a helluva fight when she tried to get it out. RIP, VCR.

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

THanks for the effort. Damn. Lonesome Dove was a great show.