Friday, February 1, 2019

The Cosplay Challenge

I must be evolving in my old age. But I saw a post over at the Hero Press where Brother Tim did a post about Cosplay Goddess Jennifer Van Damsel - one of my favorites as well. Like me, Tim is very good at recognizing all the things that makes a person a Cosplay Goddess. It's a combination of the costume, girl and attitude that creates the magic. It's a rare thing when you discover an artist who makes all her own costumes with energy, enthusiasm and imagination. They put themselves out there to face the hate of the Internet full of haters. Well I only hate those who deserve it. Girls who dress in costumes don't fall into that category. I only have love for these goddesses.

I had an idea yesterday to do a new feature called THE GREAT CAVE OF COOL COSPLAY CHALLENGE where I asked Tim to do a list of his Top 10 favorite cosplayers with a link to their larger collection of pictures and one picture. I could write the same words I wrote above for each girl. Tim has already completed his list and we just talked yesterday. I thought I was quick but this guy is a beast online. It's his mutant power. So tomorrow I will post both our lists and then the debate will begin. It's my first cross promotion EVER.

https://heropresstwo.blogspot.com/2019/01/cosplay-goddess-jennifer-van-damsel.html?fbclid=IwAR20ZmZsrPDTqqRDqK65kbxzHAyOFtzPXnamu-WAzce_Fv0QEuQ8-RTTEfU




One of my very favorites as well. So beautiful that she can be any character and totally inhabit that character. It's the kind of magic only a expert on cosplay can notice after many years of following a cosplayers work. It's amazing artistry and when they create the illusion it's a beautiful thing. I am glad you share your love as well. I am sure if we put our minds to it we could do a top ten list challenge. It would be fun to see what each other's list would look like and we can post both on each blog. One picture per girl and if you can find a link for her then include it. I have never asked anyone to do a co-post with me but I am offering you that opportunity to post something at the Cave of Cool. Let me know what you think.

5 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Let the contest begin!

jester59388 said...

Oh I'm Sooooo looking forward to this! And let me also add my own note of appreciation of the stunning Jennifer Van Damsel!

Tim Knight said...

So delighted to be a part of this "challenge". It's a great honour to be invited to contribute to the Cave Of Cool!

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

Thank you for your patience with me. It's a very rare thing for me to do so I want to get this right.

Tim Knight said...

I have absolutely no doubt you will. You are the master of your domain, after all.