Wednesday, March 6, 2019

Memories From The Cave Of Cool


Susann wrote: "To this day and I swear, I cannot see a " Light Sabre" and not immediately think of Calvin Heighton! I have a mental pic of you in your Luke Skywalker outfit, holding your light sabre. That was for Halloween, right? Only wish I had a camera then, I would sooo post it now!"  - Actual Facebook message.

SEE. I TOLD YOU HILLBILLIES THAT I JUST DIDN'T MAKE IT UP IN MY MIND!

I created and wore the greatest Luke Skywaker costume the first Halloween after Star Wars first premiered. Me and my dad made a light saber out of a plastic tube and high powered military flashlight. It looked very cool in the darkened gym. Damn I too wish there were pictures of that.

 

1 comment:

Dr. Theda said...

Hold no "ill-will" towards you good Sir Kal.... Will Not discuss Anything "politics"(had only stated "Laws")... Wishing you well
.... Still enjoy your wonderful posts Sir Kal...
and Hello from a little rural Southern town (that hates Stacey... and "That House" ) .... But being "Town Boogeyman" keeps us "safer" from Bad Folks... even town Drug-Lords (even "Old School" ones) respect and Fear Stacey in this Town...
.... and one Dealer told my Brother that he was "scared" of this street ... lol lived here ( just "stuck here") these many years...
had a chilly day... and Social worker called my boxes (very few in this room now) "Clutter".... would like to tell Her how much each piece of that "Clutter" is worth ("E-bay prices")...
The Shogun was sold (as was my two-headed cat (even re-preserved it for shipping back then)... had to pay winter power bill....
.... now even More water-issues with this rural town....
(P. S. .... you will likely delete this... but< well wishes from Marshville (and the Dr.'s Crypt....)