Friday, June 14, 2019

Atomic Blonde

 
I don't like Charlize Theron. I fear and respect Charlize Theron. I would never get along with her in real life. She would eat me alive. She is the head alpha lioness no matter what room she is in. And in this movie she turns it up to an 11 just to make her point. A point I got with her role in Fury Road and everything else she has ever done.. Then this one came along, which is insanely good and fierce and I wish she was marketed as the female John Wick. This is an 80s tale so she could be John Wick's mother and that is high praise. Plus Atomic Blonde has the greatest 2 minutes in movie history and sweetly those minutes comes at the very end of the film. I wish I could quote ONE WORD to you right now but I won't ruin it for you. Everyone is on the top of their game here and this one is a model to follow in the future. It's fierce and frenetic and beautifully intense. Charlize is almost a special effect but it's better than that. She is very real and very into beating the hell out of the most talented group of movie stuntmen that I have ever seen work since the District 13 movies. If you passed on this one first time around, go back and give it a try. It's not all sweetness and light but it is very fun and satisfying.



3 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I haven't seen this movie yet but I do intend to. She's a very talented actress.

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

And she really committs. I know you will like it. Gratuatous lesbian scene tacked on to a booming rock score.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Oh well, I'm definitely in, then.