Saturday, June 29, 2019

I Am With You Colonel Von Trapp

 
And I totally understand why you left Gretel's dead body in the mountains. She almost got the WHOLE FAMILY caught by the NAZIS. She is dead weight and she can't sing or work a single puppet. She can't keep a secret for her own sister who just wanted to kiss a hunky Nazi boy before she was an old maid. Everyone thinks this story started with Gretel but it started with the NAZIS and Gretel was their perfect stooge to advance Hitler's march into Austria, my spiritual homeland. You have no idea how much it meant to my mother to live in West Germany and take her children for holidays in Salzburg where the Sound of Music was set.
 
True Story.
 
 
 

2 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

My favourite scene in the whole movie!

sage said...

When my daughter was young, we’d watch this movie at least once a week. But I don’t remember Gretel dying or being left in the mountains. A great scene and I can understand how Austrians were upset to be pulled in under the Nazis. Of course, wasn’t Hitler an Austrian?

www.thepulpitandthepen.com