Saturday, January 11, 2020

Bring It, Bitch


I have actually been in temperatures colder than that when I live in Iqaluit on Baffin Island. It was colder than -60 and I was so fed up with being trapped inside that I got into my military snowsuit and walked down to the Northern store to get cottage cheese for my salad. When I got there the store staff were setting up to sleep there all night and in the grocery store there were a couple of guys sitting on the ice cream fridge and eating all they could - in case the power went out and the dairy products all melted. Two more employees had set up a video game to one of the TVs for sale. They looked like they were having a good time. I didn't want to go home.


2 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I bet the cottage cheese cost you an arm and a leg too.

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

Not really when you figure in the Northern bonus money you got. But you will pay anything they ask when you want cottage cheese that badly. I won't tell you what I would do for a pepperoni stick.