Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Covered

If you like comic book art, you will enjoy this site. The artists choose a cover from a comic book and redo the art in their own style. Then you get to see the original and the cover side by side.

Sometimes the results are very cool, sometimes they fail totally to get the spirit of the characters. That is what I like the most - the effort and the personal spin with the danger of it not working out.


To me, this cover by Aviv Itzcovitz of 'The Complete Peanuts - 1950-1952' is brilliant. You go from a Schulz's cartoony Charlie Brown to a Charles Brown who is more steetwise and more beaten down by life. This is a Chuck I can relate to. He speaks to me and my bitterness.



http://coveredblog.blogspot.com/

3 comments:

TS Hendrik said...

That's like a 50 year old chuck.

MC said...

Well, he certainly seems to look more like you in the latter picture, that is for sure.

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

I have had a hard life MC. Stop hating.