Thursday, August 30, 2012

The View From My Seat




If you want to send me pictures of the view around you I will post those pics and link back to your blog. I am changing my view and rotating the collection into my main control room so I want pictures of what it looked like before and after the change. I have so much great stuff I haven't been immediately around for a long time. I want to pull those pieces out and show them off.

I needed to dust anyways and are currently into a big project where I am taking pictures of everything I have and finding a place to display them. I have two huge tubs of loose figures from those early days when I opened everything and displayed it outside of the packaging. I gave up on that soon though because I love the design of the packaging as much as the figures themselves. For me the two things are inseparable.

That being said there is nothing like a multi-shelved glass cabinet that has a huge variety of loose/complete figures displayed. All the various sculpts and colors and accessories is just the kind of image my brain enjoys the most. And you can take them out of the cabinet and hold them in your hands. That's when you REALLY get the release of endorphins.

3 comments:

Hobgoblin238 said...

You could show pics of the Monster Cafe. I wouldn´t mind AT ALL!

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Do you ever sell any pieces of your collection that have increased in value over the years?

Kal said...

I really haven't Debra. I couldn't begin to put a price on them. I am proud that I got 90% of my collection at discout or low store price. I pay more for shipping than anything else. Often it's the shipping costs that scare me away from a purchase. My main guy guy is in Montreal because his prices are great and he ships me a huge box a month for 9 DOLLARS!

I would love to have my collection appraised though. I would be interesting to know but it's also very subjective. Each piece is only worth as much as someone else is willing to pay for it.