Monday, February 11, 2013

Favorite Figures From This Year's Toy Fair - Part One


 
Spider-Man has the coolest menagerie of villains among all the top heroes. Each of them is so wonderfully strange but most entirely make sense in Spidey's twisted world. You notice how the Rhino has not changed in 40 years. If it ain't broke don't fix it. Plus how can you not love Mysterio? Anyone who would wear that fishbowl on his head is aces in my books. That's putting some EFFORT into your villainy...and really, all I ask is that you TRY!

 
I like how dark this Cloak figure turned out. For a character that controls dark energy it really gets the point across. Now where is Dagger? Is it me or are these 3 3/4 figures getting better and better with each series?

 
A very cool angry Doctor Octopus (is there any other kind?) from the six inch Ultimate Spider-Man Line. I love the way the arms and the harness seem like they could be replicated in the real world...if you were angry and evil enough to take the time.

 
Puck, dear sweat Puck. You don't get any more Canadian than this member of Alpha Flight. I don't usually collect the Marvel Universe figures but I am going to put together an Alpha Flight now that they are releasing more cool versions of that team. For those of you who don't know of Puck here is his Wikipedia entry.
 
 

 
ZEMO! 'nuff said.

 
If I can't have a helicopter rocket jet pack then there is no way I allowing Cobra Commander to have one. I will buy one just to seperate the two. God help me I love this character's design. He is just this side of stupid evil and I have a weakness for his failures...which are both numerous and frequent.

 
Is this the Silver Samurai?


 
Valkyrie and The Executioner. He was always a favorite of mine and I love her long braid. How practical is that for a Shield Maiden of Asgard.
 
 
This is pretty much the way I remember Washington's battle with the British.


 
Powerlord. If you remember the ads in the comic books for this guy then you are my people.
 
 
(click to enlarge)
 

No comments: