Sunday, September 1, 2013

The Cephalopod Menace Never Looked So Good

This is a Becca Whitiker original. Like all her pin-up styled stuff, it's another great piece. I can't fault her design and beautiful line work. I have four commissions from Becca. I enjoy her sophisticated cartooning. Now the topic is of course not my favorite. I almost feel sorry for that poor Octopus girl because she has clearly been co-opted by her love of these tentacled boneheads . And this is just the kind of trick that they will try to GETCHA with. Don't be fooled. Walk away. There are always other more friendly fish in the sea.

 
 

2 comments:

Erik Johnson Illustrator said...

Becca's clearly cribbing from the loose and lively linework of Alphonse Mucha (who is the kind of guy who really deserves some postmortem royalties) which unfortunately befits a terrifying tendriled titan.

Kal said...

Well if she is she is borrowing from one of the best. I am looking forward to the coloured version.