Friday, February 24, 2017

Alien Covenant - Last Supper



This is going to be the last happy moment for this entire crew of couples who thought they were just taking a nice little spaceship trip to a distant Earth-like planet to colonize. Of course this being an ALIEN movie means that all of these people will die in a horrible way until one is left to fight the aliens and the A.I. played by Michael Fassbender. Why would the artificial human be against the crew it is there to protect? Because these aliens mean an awful lot to weapon makers on Earth and they have deep, deep pockets to program a piece of technology to work against the better interest of the crew just to use them to incubate more aliens because humans are remarkably strong hosts for the gestating alien young. Now I have no idea if this is the movie that I will see but it totally makes sense because I wouldn't want anything LESS from an ALIEN movie. Thank to Brother Tim over at Hero Press for reminding me that I will get to see another ALIEN movie in my life. The first one holds a special place in my heart. ALIEN was the first movie that I ever took a girl to. Tara was awesome. She let me hold onto her because I was so scared. It wasn't just a trick to get to touch her. That first ALIEN movie scared the crap out of me and I want the same from this 'prequel'. Ridley Scout has had a long time to thing about the sequels to his greatest movie. PROMETHEUS was a weird movie that I need to see again. I just remember hating it but maybe I was wrong.



1 comment:

Tim Knight said...

Thank you for the hat tip. Sorry I haven't commented much of late, trying to have some time away from the keyboard... but I still read much of what you publish every day. Know that it is appreciated.