Sunday, February 26, 2017

Bill Paxton - Dead At 61

 
I have been a fan of Bill's since back in the 80s when he made great small movies like Near Dark. However, today I am thinking not of his great roles in blockbuster films like Titanic or Aliens but his turn as a director and actor in Frailty - one of my all time favorite films. If you have never seen it it's a great film and I think Mathew M's greatest performance until True Detective. This one had Oscar nominations written all over it but was criminally forgotten. If you are a Paxton fan and have never seen this film I totally recommend it.
 


4 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Yes, it was sad news today.

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

And that he died in surgery is worse. He could have had many years in good movies. Tombstone was another good role.

DrGoat said...

Really sad. Dammit. Good guy. "Why don't you put her in charge". Rest in peace.

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

yeh, I can't think of a movie he didn't do a good job at.