Thursday, June 22, 2017

Cool Movies On DVD - Doctor Strange

Another great single character movie from Marvel Comics. Like Ant Man this one has thrills and charms and understands their hero so well that they create....well...magic. As a kid who grew up on comic books I am always amazed to live in a golden age where my heroes can and do come to life in front of me. Perfect casting in this one even by Tilda Swinton as the Ancient One. I hated the idea before the movie. I loved the idea after the movie. What can I tell you? That's the way it was. Cumberbatch was born to play many great roles and characters but THIS ONE is the comic book character he was born to bring to life and he is nothing short of magnificent. If you are a fan you get lots for your time and attention and that is all we can ask as an audience.

 
The ending is also so elegant and beautiful that only a Sorcerer Supreme could have pulled it off. Fight smarter not harder. I love the way this one wrapped up it's story. I was a trick but it's a good trick. BUT you can only end a movie like this ONCE in the way they did it. ONCE. You will know what I am talking about when you are finished watching the film.

I even appreciate an origin story that doesn't spend the whole movie with just training. He's so proficient right from the beginning because it's his destiny so he's ready to learn his lessons on the job. I like that the creators get that and don't over explain every little thing. If you are too stupid to follow Dr Strange then the school system has failed you and I am sad for you. Sorry, that was a common complaint from those who hated the film. They couldn't figure out what was going on. Don't worry about that. If you can read these words then you will figure it out and love the hell out of it as you do.



1 comment:

david_b said...

Just an Outstanding Movie.