Monday, June 10, 2019

From The Times I Worked On The Legitimate Stage


I was reminded by an old friend today that there was once a time when I was on the big stage and performed without an ounce of stage fright. I appreciate him reminding me of those time. First year of college and I got a role in a major production between Red Deer College and Edmonton's Theatre Network. I would perform at night and be in class the next morning.

A rollicking musical based on the poem by Robert Service. Set in a Yukon saloon during the 1890s gold rush, it tells the story of prospector Dan McGrew, his sweetheart Lou and a mysterious stranger.

Playwrights: John Bertram and Jim Betts
Director: Stephen Heatley
Cast: Blair Haynes, Bradley C. Rudy, Frances Dietz, Robert Maloughney, Charles Phillips, Clarice McCord, Christopher Youngren, Calvin Heighton, Sheridale Pearman and Edward Connell Musical Director: Edward Connell Production Designer: Daniel van Heyst Assistant Director: Raymond Storey Stage Manager: Linda Graham Assistant Stage Manager: Cathy Myles

October 26 – November 5, 1983, Red Deer College, Red Deer
November 9–13, 1983, Theatre Network, Edmonton
 

2 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

You can legitimately say you have trod the boards.

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

In my youth girl. In my youth.