Thursday, September 29, 2011

The 31 Days of Halloween - Preview


This is one of my favorite month long posting challenges. Halloween was always one of my favorite times of year. It's really the last 'holiday' for kids where they are the center of attention.

Plus going door to door while wearing a bed sheet with eye holes cut into it then returning home with half a pillowcase full of candy is just about the greatest thing a kid can imagine doing with his night.

I still love giving out the treats to this day. Sure less and less kids come every year but that just leaves more bite sized chocolate bars and tiny bags of chips for me.

The trick to completing this month long fest is to find something interesting that will actually produce 31 days worth of post. Last year I posted images of interestingly designed pumpkins. I was fortunate to have hundreds of examples out there to choose from.

Coincidentally. I have been coming across more and more old school photographs of children in Halloween costumes. I've always loved cosplay (as you see by my multitude of posts on that subject) so this theme is perfect for me.

To add to the challenge I am going to caption each and every one of them. Don't thank me all at once. Just let me know when I hit the mark.


I look forward to seeing what everyone else on my blog roll will be doing. It's not too late to get in on the fun.

3 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Looking forward to your Halloween extravaganza!

Wings1295 said...

Sounds awesome, Cal! I am SO unprepared!!!

Erik Johnson Illustrator said...

Costume captioning sounds fun. I would love to do a 31 day Halloween posting for my blog, but I feel a bit caught off guard. Guess I'll have to live vicariously through you once again.