Friday, September 30, 2011

What Would You Sing At Karaoke?

I am a pretty great singer (thanks for that Dad) and enjoyed a nice night out at the Karaoke bar when I actually had real, non feline friends. You may only see me as a delusional agoraphobic loner with a crippling fear of tentacles but I become a totally new person on stage.

It's the actor in me - the lights, the captive audiences, the applause that never stops until security rushes me from the building - that never grows tiresome.

Ask me to go singing with you anytime - unless you are part of the Sun City Resort in South Africa because as you know, "I ain't gonna play Sun City!"



I also do a wicked cool version of this Alan Jackson classic. The ladies swooooon when I do 'The Real World'.



Wonderful by Everclear is always a popular choice for me.



And the one that puts me over the top - Linkin Park - 'In the End'

7 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I love that Alan Jackson song. You'd look good in a cowboy hat, I bet. I don't doubt that you do a great rendition of this song.

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

I do look good and do a great redition of that song. It's so important to pick the songs that play to your strenghts. I have been dragged to these Karaoke freakshows for years and the only way to get through them is to be awesome.

You might have seen that if we hadn't let the summer pass without a meeting for drinks in the Captial city.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I thought you were supposed to be organizing something with local bloggers. Well, there's always next summer.

Belle said...

I'd love to hear you sing! I've only been to a Karaoke bar once and loved it. I didn't sing though. If I could sing, I would do "Crazy" by Patsy Cline.

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

I don't know if you would Belle. It would end up like the time you got arrested because you attacked that boy in the Mall who you thought was David Cassidy. I have that same effect on the 'ladies' in the audience.

M. D. Jackson said...

Actually you can play Sun City now. Aparteid ended in South Africa, so it's all cool.

I'll go to Karaoke with you, but don't give me the mike because you will regret it.

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

I pledged to NEVER play Sun City and I meant it. Somethings Kal does not compromise.

You can do 'Ring of Fire' by Johnny Cash. EVERYONE can do that song.