Wednesday, June 6, 2012

'Member? You Member!

This set was advertised in comic books during the 70s. It intrigued me everytime because making shrunkin heads from rotting apples just appealed to my inner environmentalist - if I can't eat a bad apple, I might as well turn it into some creepy art.

We had an art teacher that was saving this one as an extra project when his ideas ran low. I can remember my green apple hanging in the window outdoors so that I could watch it rot daily. Birds often camed by and picked our apples appart. At the end basically you had created a low rent Mr Potatoe head, one that you could not just leave in your toybox for another day. I aslo always felt terrible that I stressed so much to get the googly eyes and hair just right to actually look like a once living person....even though I had started with an apple. The whole project was a nightmare.








1 comment:

Unknown said...

Saw one of these sets last year at flea market but was unsure if it was complete or not so i passed on it.