Friday, July 25, 2014

Ikea Paper Camera


 
When I was a teenager I was big into photography and was a certified Cadet Photographer. I trained in the summer and took classes all year to improve my skills. I even built my own box camera, like the type used at the dawn of the photographic age. I came out with some pretty cool shots. I have to find them and share them with you all.
 
This new camera by Ikea takes me back to those DIY days. I loved doing the research and getting the materials and seeing the final product actually work. I miss those days when summers were filled with such projects. One year we built rockets - the ones that uses those solid fuel cells that you ignited with electricity and ignighters.
 
 
Seems like IKEA are really shaking things up this year. In addition to the previously announced TV set, they’re also going to release a digital camera made of cardboard called Knäppa (“Snap”). It’ll hold 40 photographs at a time and plugs directly into your USB port. While it’s not the prettiest camera the world has ever seen, I do love the idea of a screen-less digital camera that brings people back to the wait-and-see days of film.

2 comments:

j-swin said...

Those wacky swedes come up with the coolest things

Kal said...

It's the girls in the sweaters. It inspires them to make cool things to impress them.