Friday, February 17, 2017

More Sad Monopoly News Ahead of Toy Fair 2017

I will not play Monopoly unless I get to be the magic hat. I am always the magic hat. The most pathetic thing to be was always the THIMBLE. More lame than the iron if you can believe that. That being said I hate to see the classic thimble go the way of the iron. Will the top hat and doggy be next? So much gone from my childhood now.

 
The original tokens were fine with me.
We didn't need all this gold flash.
 
 
(click to enlarge)
 
In recent years there have been many proposed replacement pieces. Last time they picked the Kitty if I believe when they dumped the iron. I am a traditionalist however and prefer to play with a complete board game that is at least 20 years old. That is the nostalgia I like in my Monopoly. One of the things I regret about not having kids.
 

3 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I always liked the boot, myself.

DrGoat said...

Not me. I went around to yard sales about 30 years ago and picked up 2 old Monopoly sets from the 50s. Got the old pieces and boards. Our original family set disappeared quite a while ago. I usually play with the battleship or the cannon. Scotty dog is OK too in a pinch. I'll have to agree with you, almost all the stuff from my childhood is gone, including people too.

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

The BOOT??