Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Resident Evil The Final Chapter

The human race's last hope against apocalyptic obliteration is super soldier Alice (Milla Jovovich), but she's been stripped of her psychic powers. She must form alliances and rally survivors in Raccoon City for the climactic battle against the Umbrella Corporation and its ravenous hordes of the undead. This sixth installment of the video game-inspired franchise is directed by Paul W.S. Anderson (AWP: Alien vs. Predator).


I am proud to say that this RESIDENT EVIL series is one of my guilty pleasures. I LOVE to watch Mia kick zombie dog butt in that awesome red dress and boots. I never played the game but I loved the first movie with Mila Jovovich so much. It was on TV a lot in the 90s and I always watched it. After six of these films I still admire her Alice character for the kick ass girl that she has always been. Mila always gives her all as a female action star and this one is no exception. I didn't feel cheated this time because it gave me everything I expect from this franchise.

 
 

Six films in and humanity is on it's last legs. There are less than 5000 humans left on the Earth so Alice must return to Raccoon City where it all began. Of course all of this adds up to nothing but a fight between Alice and Dr. Isaacs and his army of the undead but that is okay. I don't watch these movies for anything else than the killings and the explosions and there are a lot of them here. After awhile it becomes so much noise and I forgot everything I saw the moment I stopped watching the movie but who cares. Things blew up, bad guys lost, zombies got toasted and justice against the evil Umbrella corporation was served. Not bad for a run of video game movies.





No comments: