Saturday, July 14, 2018

There Is No Cool Like The Cool That Is Yul

 
I love that Yul played so many great roles that picking his best is very tough. I love them all put Ramses is my favorite. He is so smooth and slick and he IS Pharoah. When he says in his last scene, "His God IS God." you believe him for a second.
 


Morituri is a great lost gem of a movie that I only recently learned even existed. The tension between the two leads is fantastic and I love a good black and white film.



 
 

5 comments:

j-swin said...

I’m going to take counterpoint and say Steve McQueen’s cool surpasses Yul’s.

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

First McCheese and now THIS???? If you were here right now I would KILL you where you stand. Steve is a solid number two but YUL???

DrGoat said...

Ok, break it up. I'm the oldest so I say Yul and Steve break even most days, depends on the day. Paul Newman is the close second.

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

oooo...forgot about Cool Hand Luke.

DrGoat said...

I know you didn't do it on purpose. Cat on a Hot Tin Roof and Hombre.